The Mount Pleasant BIA has installed a new tool on the Mount Pleasant BIA’s website (see here) to report any safety incidents, graffiti etc. straight to the BIA to be dealt with. Our initial purpose of this form was to gather data from our members on things that were perhaps being underreported to VPD and the City of Vancouver. The purpose was to have the data backup to request increased services. Now, we are also able to direct service requests to our own Security, Clean Team and Graffiti contractor in real time where their service is required. While we are still gathering the data, this will also help us direct resources and personnel scheduling based on real time input, and respond, report or rectify where needed.
There is a full menu of incidents that you can report:
- Graffiti on Private Property
- Graffiti on Public Property
- Encampment blocking your doorway
- Garbage on the streets
- Large garbage items dumped in the streets
Plus many more…
We stress that if you find yourself in any situation that might require emergency services, please call 911. This app’s primary function is to gather data, and respond to items that might not rise to the level of a VPD / Emergency Call.*
Here are some simple instructions if you would like to add a button on your phone that takes you directly to the report.
How do I create a shortcut to a website on my iPhone?
- Launch Safari on your iPhone or iPad
- Navigate to the site (https://mountpleasantbia.com/report-an-incident/) that you want to create a home screen shortcut to
- Tap the Share icon (the square with an arrow pointing out of it) at the bottom of the screen
- Scroll down to the list of actions and tap ‘Add to Home Screen’
- Launch “Chrome” app.
- Open the website or web page (https://mountpleasantbia.com/report-an-incident/) you want to pin to your home screen
- Tap the menu icon (3 dots in upper right-hand corner) and tap ‘Add to home screen’
- You’ll be able to enter a name for the shortcut and then Chrome will add it to your home screen
We hope this tool becomes useful for your business and our members. We look forward to being able to continue our work together in making Mount Pleasant a safe, clean and friendly neighbourhood.