Vancouver Mural Festival – Trip Planning Guide
On Saturday, August 12, Mount Pleasant is inviting the world to join us in a celebration of the 40+ new murals that are being painted for the 2017 Vancouver Mural Festival (VMF).
The festival includes tons of creative activities for kids of every age, musical performances, markets featuring the best local artists, designers and artisans and so much more.
VMF is working towards being the most sustainable public event in Vancouver and we encourage all of our guest to leave their cars at home and walk, ride or hop on public transport.
Vancouver is a great city for getting around on foot, by bike, or even on your scooter, skateboard or with a stroller! An extensive walking and cycling network link many of the main city attractions. Combine those routes with the SkyTrain, transit bus network, and new bike share program, and getting around Vancouver without a vehicle is easy and convenient.
Walk+Bike+Roll – Getting Around the Vancouver Way
- 10 min from north end (E 4th Ave) to south end (E 11th Ave) of Festival Site
- 15 min from the Main Street Science World Station
- 15 min from the Broadway-City Hall Station
- 20 min from the Olympic Village
- Adjacent to the 10th Avenue Bikeway, Ontario Street Greenway, and Central Valley Greenway designated bicycle routes
- Mobi By Shaw Go stations are located at: 3rd Ave & Quebec St, 6th Ave and Main St, 8th Ave and Scotia St, 10th Ave and Ontario St, 8th Ave and Ontario St, and 5th Ave and Ontario St. www.mobibikes.ca
- Bike-friendly transit helps you go further. You can take your bike on the bus, SkyTrain, SeaBus and West Coast Express. For more info, visit translink.ca
- VMF is please to offer FREE Bicycle Valet to our guests. Located on east side of Main at 10th Ave.
- SkyTrain Expo Line: Main Street Science World Station (accessible), 15 min walk (1km)
- SkyTrain Canada Line: Olympic Village Station (accessible), 20 min walk (1.5km)
- SkyTrain Canada Line: Broadway-City Hall (accessible), 14 min walk (1km)
- Transit Bus: #3 (check for detours), #8, #9, #19, #84, #99B-Line